Here is the latest information about COVID-19 restrictions in Hungary effective from November 11, 2020. Everything you need to know about new restrictions if you are planning to travel to Hungary.
- Curfew is from 8pm till 5am, no one should be outside during that time. Exceptions are workers traveling to and from work and it has to be justified (with papers I guess). Also exceptions are in case of life-death events, serious injury or for protecting life.
- Mandatory wearing masks in public areas of settlement with more than 10k inhabitants. Mayor is designating the areas.
- It’s not mandatory to wear mask during sport activities as well as in parks or green areas.
- Dog walking is permitted within 500 meters of the place of residence.
- Restaurants are not allowed to accept guests, only take away food is allowed. Factory canteens, on-site restaurants of hotels and accommodations, school canteens and healthcare institutions canteen will remain open.
- All shops can stay open from 5 am until 7 pm, with the exception of pharmacies and petrol stations.
- Other providers as hairdressers, personal trainers, masseurs that not covered by the regulation, may normally operate under curfew rules.
- Hotels cannot accept tourists, only guests arriving for business, economic or educational purposes. Hungarian Armed Force, Law Enforcement Agencies and Healthcare Workers can stay in hotels.
- No more than 10 people can be gathered at private or family events. No more than 50 people during funeral.
- In case of wedding, only head of ceremony, spouses, their best man, parents, grandparents, siblings and children can participate.
- Sport events can be held behind closed doors without spectators.
- You are allowed to do workout, but amateur team sports are banned.
- Universities and secondary schools from 9th grade will be online.
- Facilities for children under age of 14 will be open.
- Hospital employees, nursery employees, school and kindergarten teachers will be tested weekly.
- The use of measure facilities is prohibited, including cinemas, theaters, concert halls, museums, libraries, archives, gyms, swimming pools, spas, zoos, amusement parks, playhouses and ice-skating rinks.
FINES ARE FROM 100K – 1M HUF